Friday, May 11, 2007

for a friend~

To my beloved friend
Who has left for a better place

Silently you entered my life
Silently you left
You were a complete stranger one day
Then we clicked and entered into a beautiful friendship
Much laughter we shared together
Hard times we survived together
You taught me a lot of things
Courage… love… friendship…
How not to be so stubborn in life…
That I can’t be so selfish and spoilt and expect everything in life to go my way…
How to really care for a friend…
How to make new friends…
How to be responsible…
How to respect my parents…
How to give without expecting anything in return…
How to grow up and not be a baby forever…
How to chase after my dreams and really do something about it instead of wishing for it...
How not to be so stressed up about small things and just do my best…
You taught me how to be a friend
You showed me what a friend is
You taught me how to be happy,
By not focusing on problems, so that they would not become problems anymore
You taught me how to hold my temper
And not be so emotional
You taught me not to be so ‘dead’
To be short and precise
To appreciate my parents
You taught me that life is just what life is and to deal with it
That it comprises of both happiness and sadness
That it is the process that matters, not the product
That we have only one life and we must live it to the fullest
You showed me that I am stronger than I think
You taught me not to be afraid
Helped me through troubled times
You were there as I grew up
As I matured from the childish brat I was to who I am now
Hopefully a better person
You taught me that happiness can be found in small things
Taught me about humanities
About pleasures in helping other people
Simple pleasures which are so hard to see
But why did you leave without telling me?
Why did you not even say goodbye?
I woke up one day and you were gone
Just like that
Without even saying goodbye
And knowing that I will never ever see you again in this lifetime hurts
I miss talking with you
Miss everything about you
Miss knowing that I have a friend who really cares bout me
And now I’m on my own again
I will never forget all that you’ve taught me
And I will always keep memories of you close to my heart
I am who I am because of you
For that I am forever grateful
But the time has come for me to stand on my own two feet
I’m sure you will be happy for me wherever you are
And that you are happy
All I have of you left is just memories
Memories of better times
But I will be someone whom you will be proud of
I won’t let you down


悄悄的我到来。。
正如我悄悄的离去。。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, i feel that it's really a very touching post, after i know the story behind..

Just hope that your friend will understand your feeling oneday...

Anyway, you've done your best during the past.. You're such a caring and nice girl... and i believe that you'll achieve what you dream for...in the future...best wishes for you =)