Monday, June 18, 2007

Who moved my cheese???

A remarkable book by Dr Spencer Johnson full of insight and a different perspective of life altogether.

# # #

I learnt that….

Sometimes things change and they are never the same again. That’s life. Life moves on, we should too.

We must finally be able to laugh at ourselves and what we have been doing wrong, let go and move on.

When we are afraid things are going to get worse if we don’t do something, it can prompt us into action. But if we are too afraid to do anything, that is not good.

The sooner we get out of our comfort zone and adapt to change, the easier things become. But, better late than never.

However uncomfortable the search for cheese may be, at least it is better than staying in the cheeseless situation. Take control, rather than let things happen to us.

Let go and trust what lies ahead for us, even though we do not know exactly what it is. Don’t be held captive by our own fear.

Don’t always think that change will lead to something worse. Change can lead to something better too!

What you are afraid of is never as bad as what you imagine. The fear you build up in your mind is worse than the situation that actually exists.

When you change what you believe, you change what you do. You can believe that a change will harm you and resist it. Or you can believe that finding new cheese will help you and embrace the change.

There is always new cheese out there whether you recognize it at that time or not. You will be rewarded with it when you go past your fear and enjoy the adventure.

# # #

I found my cheese, I thought I would last forever, but it didn’t. When my cheese was moved, I became depressed, sad, I just froze there, like Hem and Haw. However I want to be like Haw instead of Hem. I’ve run through the maze before, I can do it again in search of new and better cheese.

# # #

‘Life is no straight and easy corridor along which we travel free and unhampered, but a maze of passages, through which we must seek our way, lost and confused, now and again checked in a blind alley.

But always, if we have faith, a door will open for us, not perhaps one that we ourselves would ever have thought of, but one that will ultimately prove good for us.’

A.J. Cronin

No comments: