Sunday, June 03, 2007

Positive or negative words

Recently I heard about a Japanese scientist who did an experiment on the effect of positive and negative words on Water!! Two bottles of identical water, except that one was labeled with positive words while the other was labeled with negative words. For one month, the words were said to the bottle of water over and over again.

After one month, the water was crystallized and the crystals compared. The water which had positive remarks showed good and nice crystals while the water which suffered from negative remarks showed crystals which were fragile and not nice.

Even the same words in different languages showed results of different looking crystals.

Is that amazing or what?! But I find it a bit hard to believe, since water is quite dead. How can it react to our words? I wanted to check it out but I forgot the name of the Japanese scientist. He wrote a book on this, in fact. And we can actually try it out on rice, since rice contains high water content. But we must follow the standardization in the book. The rice shows a lot of difference, as the rice undergoing the positive treatment will only ferment nicely while the rice undergoing the negative treatment will turn bad and stinky. Some people actually tried it and I saw the picture of the product.

Will our words really have an impact on anything? Or on our life?

Think about those people who scold children ‘stupid’ everytime. Those poor kids.
I remember when I was young I always scolded my older brother ‘go and die’ when we quarreled. Well, he did die. Of course, not to scare you all, maybe it’s just coincidence. But, well, it wouldn’t hurt to say good things rather than bad things right?

It is better to be a blessing than a curse.

No comments: