Wednesday, November 07, 2007

continuation of my list

071107

So here I am again while waiting for the sushi rice to cook. I got some more ideas last night before I slept.

My first attempt at knitting – I started with gloves. My first one was quite weird, the thumb part. When I got the bright idea to learn how to knit, I went online searching for lessons. What I got was so hard to understand. Thank goodness I found myself a ‘sifu’ just waiting to be asked – my dearest grandma!;p from her I learnt a lot, including the basics and the not so basics. Sadly, I have forgotten most of them, again. Well, yesterday, I shot a video of her in action!

First time I witnessed an accident – it was on my way to my second driving test. Yup, I failed my first one, the inside one. ;p I was thinking that those people sitting for the outside test that day was so lucky for not having to go out to town, instead they just went a few rounds around the labu road. Then this guy says: I’d rather go out than have somebody die. Wow.. made quite an impression on me. Hehe..

The first smile I fell in love with – literally. His smile sorts of crinkles up his face at the side, making him look as if he is very shy. Like a person blushing in a comic book. Hehe.. but I think it’s very cute. That was the first thing that caught my attention. Dunno was it this first or the driving incident first. Gosh, I’m getting sappy. Okay, next topic..

My first crush?? – okay, bear in mind. It was really nothing serious. Heck, I was in kindergarden at that time! And the guy had a gigantic mole on his face! I amaze myself sometimes.

My first home – it had a garden where we planted banana trees, papaya trees, mango trees.. my dad even had a tank there once, to rare fish to eat and to plant lotus. Strangely, the fish all died. We shifted 10 years ago. I didn’t want to actually, coz it was full on memories of my bro. anyway, it was for the better, or I would never have met and gotten close to my friends living near my new area.

My first dog, well, sort of – I named it Scotty. It was a white dog with black patches, had long hair and a long swishing tail. All in all, it looked simply adorable. It was a stray, usually following the madman living four doors away. One day I took pity on it and started feeding it. It came back every evening after that. Mind you, Scotty was having gardenia bread for dinner everyday. Wow.. anyway, one day, I never saw it again. My grandma, the maternal one, told me the madman had cooked it and ate it. Now, I think some people must have put it to sleep. That’s what happens to strays anyway. Sigh..

The first ice cream I bought with my own money – at the shop beside chan wa. I remember eating it with boon koon while waiting for our transport home. Felt so nice to be able to hang out with a close friend like that. Still remember it till today. =]

Do you believe that everything we go through makes us who we are now? I think so. Everything that has happened before made us who we are now. Coz we learn as we live. We change, sometimes for the better (hopefully), sometimes for the worse (hopefully not). Every decision that we made, whether consciously or not, leads us to where we are now. People we may not have met, places we would not have gone.. but the romantic in me still believes that if fate have decreed us to meet, even though things had been different, we would still have met, albeit under different circumstances, in another time. And we would still have memories to cherish, even though it may be different ones, but nonetheless still precious.

No comments: